Tuesday, July 3, 2012

She's looking good

Well, the weather here is freezing, the only thing I love about winter is getting into my PJ's at the end of the day and lounging in front of the fire stitching or watching trashy tv.  This week and next week are school holidays here in New Zealand which means no work for me and no playcentre for Jacob and I.  I quite like holidays, we dont have to rush around in the morning trying to get out the door, we can lounge around at home and just hang out watching dvds or playing together.  Jacob is still touch and go with his day sleeps but I have managed to get some stitching done recently which I am happy about.  My ladybird fairy is now all stitched, all that is left to do on her now is the backstitching and beading. 


I think she is quite lovely.  I love the firey colours of her skirt.  The backstitching wont take long but I have never done beading on a cross stitch design before so I am a bit nervous about it. 

A short blog this time, as I only updated it a few days ago.  Once ladybird is finished I am going to start my christmas stitching, working on Jacobs stocking and also doing a design for my brother and his wife and kids for their home.  I will post a pic of the pattern next blog

Have a lovely stitchy week :)

2 comments:

Monique said...

She looks stunning. Beading isn't too hard and really makes it look extra special. Can't wait to see your christmas stuff.

Veronica said...

Beautiful! Congrats on finishing all the crosses. Just take your time on the beading and you'll be fine.

Hugs,
Veronica.