Friday, January 3, 2014

A new year, some new goals

Hi everyone and Happy New Year.

So last year was quite a slack year with my stitching, very little done and only a couple of small projects finished.  I love stitching and I miss working on lovely pieces.  So this year is going to be my year to stitch.  I have found this WIP challenge and I am all signed up.  Let me introduce you to my 3 WIPs that I want to complete this year.

Firstly is Joan Elliotts ladybird fairy that I have been working on for nearly a year and a half, although I must admit that about a year of that it has been sitting as a UFO.  When I looked at it this morning I realised that there is only a few days work left to do on it, all the backstitch and stitching are done, it just needs a few beads added on.  So, my goal is to have this one finished by the end of January, my son is home on summer break from Kindergarten so wont get much done till he goes back on the 20th January.  Here she is in all her glory.



Second on the list is my sons Christmas Stocking.  I have been working on this for 2 years, it is going to be finished this Christmas for him.  He will be 5 this Christmas and it will be lovely to give to him with little treats inside it.  I love the design of this stocking, I wanted one that represented the true spirit of Christmas and this is perfect.



Finally is a design from one of my favourite artists, Greg Olsen.  The design is called "Lost no more".  I have had this one tucked away as a UFO for YEARS!!!!  I have made it my goal to get this one finished this year and get it framed, it is too beautiful to not complete.



And this is what the finished design looks like



 So, that is my plan for the year.  I am going to push through the ladybird one, then when she is done start a new one to replace her and rotate the 3 through the year.  Wish me luck :)  What are your stitching plans for the year???



1 comment:

Miamina said...

I look forward to seeing your progress on these projects, best of luck!