Monday, February 27, 2012

slow and steady

Hi all, well it's been a bit of a slow week this week with stitching, have not done a lot but did manage to get the other half of dog number 4 done, he just needs to be backstitched. I think he is my favourite, I love the face and the attitude that comes from him with his ammunition slung over him. This is fast becoming one of my favourite stitches that I have ever done, it ranks right up there with Teddies on the Line that I completed a year ago. I am planning to get a couple of hours of stitching in this afternoon while the little man sleeps and the big man goes and gets firewood for us from my dads. So here is an update of the boys thus far. Todays goal is to get the left side of the next boy done so that I can do the backstitching on the finished one and get some more of the background detail done.




This week I found Joans Blue Geisha and tried to order it from Polstitches but it is out of stock. I have it in my cart at 123stitch along with some beads that I need so will probably buy it today. I have another one of her geishas and so they will look really good side by side.




I have signed up for my first SAL which starts around the end of March. I signed up to it through one of the facebook cross stitching groups that I am in. I am quite excited about it actually as I have bever done a SAL before. We are doing one of the Joan Elliott inspiration words from her Bewitching book, I think it is Dream that we are doing, which I am really happy about as it is the one with the butterflies, and I LOVE butterflies. That is what the beads from 123 are for, they are part of the supplies needed for the SAL. Once I start I will be able to show my week by week progress.


So anyway this week hubby says to me "Remember, my dad turns 80 this year, what are you going to do him for his birthday???" I think he has been watching me do the boys for dads 70th and thought he better get his request in for the FIL before I get too many projects on the go!!!! So I have found the design that I was going to do for his mum and have all the cottons for this one, just need the fabric. Once I finish the boys I will have to make a start on it. Thankfully his birthday is not until October!!! So here is the pattern




Well I think this catches me up with everything that I have been up to this week. I hope everyone is having a wonderful stitching week, cant wait to see all your progress :)

3 comments:

Joysze said...

Awwww, the doggies are so cute. Love those cowboy hats. :D

demeter83 said...

Awww, I feel guilty, I ordered Blue Geisha from polestitches less than a week ago, I hope I didn't get the last copy.
Your stitching looks gorgeous!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your stitching is lovely.I love the design of 'the boys' :) and the pattern you have chosen for your FIL is fantastic

Thank you for following my blog :)